Ts & Cs
Slutwalk Johannesburg Participant Terms and Conditions
About these Terms and Conditions
Your participation in the Slutwalk Johannesburg event (“the Gathering”) is subject to your agreement
to these terms and conditions (“these Terms and Conditions”). If you participate in the Gathering, you
will be regarded as having read, understood and agreed to these Terms and Conditions. Please do
not participate in the Gathering if you have not ready, understood and/or agreed to these Terms and
Your participation in the Gathering is entirely at your own risk. You agree that the Gathering’s
conveners, organisers and marshals (“the Representatives”) will not be liable for any loss, damage or
damages arising, either directly or indirectly, as a consequence of your participation in the Gathering,
in particular, or as a consequence of the Gathering taking place, generally speaking. You further agree
to waive any claim for such losses, damage or damages arising out of your participation in the
Gathering which you may have against the Representatives.
Conduct at the Gathering
The following is prohibited at the Gathering:
- You may not incite hatred of or hatred against other persons or any group of other persons on account of differences in culture, race, sex, language or religion by way of a banner, placard, speech or singing or in any other manner;
- You may not wear a disguise or mask or any other apparel or item which obscures your facial features and prevents your identification;
- You may not wear any uniform of apparel that resembles any of the uniforms worn by members of the security forces, including the Police and the South African Defence Force;
- You may not, in any manner whatsoever, either before or during a gathering or demonstration, compel or attempt to compel any person to attend, join or participate in the Gathering.
- You are required to obey the lawful and reasonable directions you receive from the Representatives as well as law enforcement officials present at the Gathering.